Most people are suffering from heart disease in this era. There are several reasons for the problems of the heart, like heart attacks. Failure of the heart and many more. Pollution in the environment is the main cause of heart disease. Angioplasty and Angiography are both medical procedures. It is an examination and treatment of blood vessels, especially arteries.
What is the definition of Angiography and Angioplasty?
- Angiography: it is a technique of taking images to check the inner conditions of blood vessels and other parts of the body. These techniques are lucrative for doctors to check the inner structure and condition of blood vessels and to identify any issues in the vessels.
- Angioplasty: it is a medical treatment and term that is used for curing the narrowed and blocked arteries. It is used for the coronary arteries of the heart, and it is a common type of Angioplasty. The well-experienced Cardiologist in Ludhiana performs the treatment of Angioplasty.
For what issue is the Angioplasty used?
Angioplasty is used for several purposes.
Treat of blocked arteries: Angioplasty is a procedure to build up the fat, cholesterol and other substances that are stuck on and inner side of the arteries. The condition of the building of the arteries is called atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is responsible for the blockage of the arteries of the heart. The blockage and narrowing of the vessels of the heart is known as coronary artery disease. The Best Heart Hospital in Ludhiana can provide you with the best treatment.
Symptoms for the Angioplasty.
Angioplasty treatment increases the flow of blood to your heart. A stent is placed inside the heart.
- Medicines and lifestyle of a person can not improve the heart health.
- Chest pain has occurred because of blockage in arteries. The pain in the chest is called angina, and it worsens human life.
- The flow of blood in the heart is required to be fixed for the quick treatment of heart attack.
The risk factor of Angioplasty.
There are various risk factors for Angioplasty.
- Re-narrowing the arteries: It is also called re-stenosis. There is no stent used in the Angioplasty. The stent is coated with medicine. There is less risk of narrowing.
- Blood clots: There are chances of clotting the blood inside the stents that are placed in your heart. These clots are responsible for the blockage of the arteries of the blood from the inside and outside.
- Bleeding infection: A catheter is inserted into a blood vessel through the arm and leg in the procedure. Bleeding infection can occur from where the catheter is inserted.
Some risk of common diseases
Some diseases occur from Angioplasty.
- Heart attack: The main reason for heart attack is blockage in the arteries.
- Coronary artery diseases: coronary artery diseases are occurring because of Angioplasty and stenting.
- Kidney failure: kidney failure is a high risk because other factors already affect the working of the kidney.
- Stroke: for reducing the risk of stroke during the procedure of the Angioplasty, blood thinners are used. A piece of fatty plaque travels to your brain to stop the flow of blood to the brain.
- Irregularity in heartbeats: the heartbeat can become too fast and very slow. The heartbeat problems can be treated with medicines and a temporary pacemaker.
Risk factors of the Angiography
Angiography is a type of imaging technique. The harmful radiation is used to take X-rays of the heart. You may experience several diseases with the effect of these harmful traditions.
- Heart attack
- Injury to the catheterized artery
- Irregular heart rhythms
- Allergic reactions to the dye or medications used during the procedure
- Kidney damage
- Excessive bleeding
Heart problems are very common in today’s era. For treating heart problems, there are different types of treatment plans that the doctors have at the Deepak heart institute.