The heart is an important part of the human body. People are suffering from different health-related issues, including heart disease, in this era. There are several reasons for heart problems, like heart attacks. Failure of the heart and many more. Pollution in the environment is the main cause of heart disease.
What is the definition of a heart attack?
The medical term for Heart attack is myocardial infarction. It is a life-threatening condition that happens because of a lack of blood flow to your heart muscles. The lack of blood flow can occur because of many different factors but is usually related to a blockage in one or more of your heart’s arteries. The affected heart muscle will begin to die. If blood flow is not restored quickly, a heart attack can cause permanent heart damage and death.
What are the causes of the heart attack?
There are different factors that are responsible for the heart attack.
- Coronary artery spasm.
- Rare medical conditions
- Obstruction that came from somewhere else in your body
- Electrolyte imbalance.
- Eating disorders
- Anomalous coronary arteries
Symptoms of heart attack
During the initial stage of heart attack, the human body gives signs and symptoms.
- Chest pain: This can be mild and feel like discomfort or heaviness, or it can be severe and feel like crushing pain. It may start in your chest and spread to other areas like your left arm, shoulder, neck, jaw, back or down toward your waist.
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing.
- Trouble sleeping
- Nausea or stomach discomfort. Heart attacks can often be mistaken for indigestion or heartburn.
- Heart palpitations.
- Anxiety or a feeling of “impending doom.”
- Feeling lightheaded, dizzy or passing out.
Treatment of heart attack
Doctors suggest different treatment plans depending on the condition of the person. The primary treatment is surgery, and the best cardiologist in Punjab performs heart surgery.
People having trouble breathing or with low blood oxygen levels often receive supplementary oxygen along with other heart attack treatments. You can live the oxygen either through a tube just below your nose or a mask that fits over your nose and mouth.
- Anti-clotting medications: This includes aspirin and other blood-thinning medicines.
- Nitroglycerin: This medicine relieves chest pain and causes blood vessels to widen so blood can pass through more easily.
- Thrombolytic medications: Providers use these only within the first 12 hours after a heart attack.
- Antiarrhythmic medications: Heart attacks can often cause malfunctions in your heart’s normal beating rhythm, called arrhythmias, which can be life-threatening. Antiarrhythmic medications can stop or prevent these malfunctions.
- Pain medications: The most common pain medication given during heart attack care is morphine. This can help alleviate chest pain.
Percutaneous coronary intervention
Providers restore circulation to your affected heart muscle with percutaneous coronary intervention. This uses a catheter-based device inserted into a major blood vessel. PCI is a critical tool in restoring blood flow, and the sooner that happens, the better the chance of a good outcome.
Coronary artery bypass grafting
People who have severe blockages of their coronary arteries may undergo coronary artery bypass grafting. This surgery is often called open-heart surgery or bypass surgery.
Heart problems are widespread in today’s era. The doctors at the Deepak Heart Institute have different treatment plans for heart problems. The best heart hospital in Ludhiana provides you with appropriate treatment.